Aug 29, 2015

Getting the Most From Bacon

A few of tricks I've learned from living miles away from the nearest store, is how to make our groceries items s-t-r-e-t-c-h out until the next trip to town. One easy way is cutting bacon.

We don't eat a lot of the fatty meat item but one way I make it last longer is to cut it in half right off the bat. If you eat two pieces your mind believes you are eating two portions when technically, it's just one piece. I have reduced my intake to just one cooked piece which is healthier since technically it's a half size portion.

Also, I make one more cut to the bacon before putting it back in the refrigerator. I cut the fatty tip ends off and set them aside. I place them in a zipper bag and use those smaller pieces to flavor my weekly crock pot beans.

These two minor cuts to the bacon will stretch out your one pack purchase over a couple of weeks rather than a couple of days. So go ahead, bring home the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment