Jun 21, 2016

Spicy Zucchini Boats


Who doesn't love the abundance of fresh vegetables from the garden? We are eating zucchini and yellow squash several times a week right now, and love it! Tonight, I made a play on an old favorite of mine, zucchini boats. Here's how:

While browning 1/2 lb of hamburger meat in a pan, I focus on the zucchini. I slice lengthwise down the center and scoop out each center (saving the inside) , drizzle with oil and begin baking these empty boats at 425°. Next I chop a small yellow squash into the saved zucchini. To the hamburger meat I add a small amount of finely chopped onion after I have drained the meat. Adding the squash and remaining zucchini to the pan I also add salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and any other desired seasoning (cover and cook for about 8 min). Lastly, I pull out the boats, fill them with the mixture, adding a little cheese on top and return to oven for about 5 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve with a dollop of Daisy sour cream (which I received free from Bzz Agent) they will be calling you chef Mom in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment